Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bedtime Has Become Dangerous

The Asshole Family's normal bedtime routine...

Clean the Family Room, brush teeth, Dad (me) puts the youngers, Sierra-Girl and Bravo-Boy in bed and read a book, proceed to Delta-Boy and Zebra-Girl's room to read two books, put up baby gate to prevent bad toddlers from toddling near and far when they should be sleeping, alert Moogie that the two olds are ready to be tucked in, because apparently Asshole Dad is an inferior tucker inner, and Moogie goes to tuck in the untucked with her supernatural tucking abilities.

Delta-Boy has started asking if I'm going to tell Momma that they are ready to be tucked. All of a sudden there's trust issues. All of a sudden I'm the Absent-Minded Father.

Fair enough...

But Delta-Boy, age 4, took it to a new level last night...

"You better tell momma that her babies are ready to be tucked in, or I'm going to cut you..."

Has my boy been reading The Outsiders? Does he want to rumble?

Actually, the line came from McDonald's...That's right...Micky Dees...Micky's apparently arming the newest generation, in cooperation with Disney, with Pirates of the Carribean swords to take out the oppressive parental regime! Right now, they're looking for excuses...but soon there will be enough children armed that they won't need an excuse, they'll start skewing parents just for being parents.

So beware, parents...the plot is underway...

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Heh. Give kids an inch, and they want to take over the house.

It's kind of funny how bedtime routines shake out, isn't it? My husband does most of the putting-to-bed; I get them going on 'jammas and teeth-brushing, he takes over with the reading of stories. He can be in there for an hour or more, reading from chapter books (they're currently re-reading all the Harry Potters). I really have very little to do with bedtime - I'm not called upon to tuck or anything (especially not in THIS weather). Very often, I'll only come in after they've fallen asleep, to kiss them goodnight before *I* go to bed.

I wonder if we do it this way because I'm with the girls most of the day and Daddy feels the need to make up for lost time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home