Friday, July 14, 2006

Onion Meme Layer 9 and the Full Monty.

LAYER NINE:
– Number of drugs taken illegally: During my 3 or 4 years of collegiate insanity and rebellion, I smoked marijuana a couple of times. Didn't do anything for me. Would never do it again.
– Number of people I could trust with my life: 123.8...Hell, I don't know. I'm a trusting guy. It's easier for me to say how many people I don't trust and I don't think that gets into double digits. Now, of course, who I call on shifts based on ability of the person to handle my needs.
– Number of CDs that I own: A little more than or less than 200. I like music, but the discs are always getting damaged and sometimes I get in music buying frenzies.
– Number of piercings: 0...I personally don't think guys do well with piercings.
– Number of tattoos: 0, though I'm willing to get 1. Moogie and I are supposed to go get tattoos one day.
– Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: 6 I think. 4 obituaries as survivng kin, one wedding announcement, and I was interviewed in 9th grade because I was part of a group going to Russia for the summer. It was with the People to People: Initiative for Understanding people. That is, people working for People to People, not that the initiative was to understand people. I mean, it was but...awww, forget it...
– Number of scars on my body: I've got all kinds of small scars especially on my hands. I've got a couple of fairly noticable ones on my arms, but not the kind that would put you off your feed. – Number of things in my past that I regret: Regret's kind of a harsh word. It's dangerous to consider what you would go into the past and change if you had the opportunity because it's hard to say how that would affect your life. I'm content now. I have a wonderful wife, 4 1/3 wonderful children, a job I enjoy, a house with character, and more animals than I ever thought I'd have. So, while there are things in my past that I would say were mistakes, since those events and decisions lead me to this point, I'm not going to say I regret any of them.

THE FULL MONTY (EXTRA STUFF)

Lived: 32 years as of today. 32 years of experimentation and risk taking, within reason.
Current addiction: Diet coke, chocolate, playing City of Heroes.
Music: There's very little style of music that I don't listen to at least some. Some rap, some country, some classical, some jazz, a lot of rock.
Favorite TV shows: I don't watch telly. Cable/Satellite costs more than it's worth for the options available. We do rent series through Netflix or buy them if we know we want them. We have every Star Trek episode from every series. Firefly was great. Ballykissandgel and Coupling from BBC are coming in from Netflix. Frasier and Third Rock from the Sun.
Favorite Movies: Oh, man...let's see. Usual Suspects, Unbreakable, Jaws, Grosse Point Blank, Payback, Halloween, Event Horizon, Demolition Man, The Story of Us, Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales...damn, let me stop cause I could keep going for a long time. I love movies.
Favorite Actors: Brad Pitt, Val Kilmer, John Cusack, Viggo Mortensen, Steve Buscemi, Vincent D'onofrio, Vince Vaughn, Denzel Washington, Steve Martin, Arnold Swartzenegger, William H. Macey, Patrick Warburton, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman...again, I could probably keep going.
Favorite Actresses: Queen Latifah, Janeane Garofalo, Selma Heyak, Joan Cusack, Meg Ryan, Julia Stiles.
Favorite Sport: Football.

And that's it...Thank you for joining us for this special 5 day broadcast of The Onion Meme, starring Asshole. Tomorrow we'll return you to your regularly scheduled blog. Happy trails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home