Sunday, July 09, 2006

I Never Thought I'd Say This...

But I need a new chair. I say this because I've never been very particular about my rump resters...but the status of my reality has shifted.

It all started when Thrifty mom's father bought us a laptop. I thought it was a wonderful gift...for TM...But I'd have little use for it because I'd be on the primary computer. See, the primary computer had my game on it...City of Heroes/Villains...But Thrifty kept saying, "You should put CoH/V on the laptop."

There's no way CoH/V could go on the laptop. In order to get the primary computer to run the game I had to buy an expensive video card...That little computer can't handle THE GAME! But she assures me it can...

So, one day, having nothing in particular to do, I decide to give it a shot. Loadloadloadloadloadload and...

Log in...

and...

Play...

Wait a minute...How in the world does such a small computer have the power to run THE GAME!? Why, this little thing in like The Tardis! Bigger on the inside than on the outside.

Now, the Laptop is my primary computer.

"But, Asshole, you were talking about a chair, not a computer..."

True, now we get to the second act of this little drama...

Now I surf and play on the Laptop. But, unlike the Primary computer, the Desktop, I can sit anywhere...but I choose to sit in my spot...my side of the couch. The seat which has cupped my buttocks so comfortingly through many a movie. And yet, there's a disturbance in the force. Every time I'm on the Laptop, I'm surrounded by nosy munchkins. To my left, to my right, ON MY BACK! Detecting my displeasure with being inbabied by 4 nosy babies, Thrifty makes another wise suggestion, " Why don't you sit in the chair in the corner."

So, I now spend a large amount of my time in The Chair. Now, I'm a stereotype. I'm Archie Bunker. It's my chair. It's Dada's chair. I come walking in and see a halfnaked grib (you may call them girls) standing upside down in The Chair and I have to say, "Zebra-Girl, this isn't Mardi Gras. Get out of My Seat and put some pants on."

Sometimes I'm not even so verbose. Sometimes all the children get is, "Move it." With a wave of the hand, naturally.

And now, I need a new one...It's not a bad chair. But it's not very supportive of my back, and I have a bad back. I don't know why, but I guess the why isn't important...just that I have one. And there's a button loose which I snag often when I'm shifting. Why do chairs have buttons on the seats anyway? Is it to make us feel safe that some tentacled demon isn't going to come up through the chairs and do horrible things to out asses? And, I've sat in better...Yep, the old, "I've had better."

What do you expect. Read the top of the page..."Asshole" isn't there just to justify the 'A' in PTA.

But, whatever you do, don't get me a chair from Macy's. "Why?" you ask, or "Whatever..." you mumble in disinterest...But let's deal with the "Why?"

Massachusetts has done a nice thing. It's said that if you are gay, you can get married...Fuck the rest of the country. I admire Massachusetts for that. And you know what? Macy's had to shit on their parade.

Summary, a Macy's store put up a window display with homosexual mannequins (?) in honor of gay pride. Some whiny asshole complained and encouraged a bunch of assholes to complain. Macy's caved. Display got removed.

See, I want to own a store one day, preferably a comic shop, and I hope when I do I'll put something up that gets people upset and I'm told I need to bring it down so that I can say, "You know, show somewhere else and leave me alone." Which is what Macy's should have said.

Now, we all have a right to our opinions. It's how we express these opinions that give us trouble. The manager of this Macy's had an opinion and expressed it. Fair enough. Someone disagreed with his opinion. Fair enough. This person in disagreement then extorted and encouraged others to extort the company to keep the manager from expressing his opinion.

I don't know it's extortion? Ldet's follow the logic.

Opponents to homosexuality are typically opposed because of religious, moral reasons. I don't typically believe in the concept of a "victimless crime" but if there's ever been one, it's homosexuality. It's victimless until you bring in the spiritual wellbeing of people based on certain interpretations of the Bible. Then the victim is societies morality.

Now, they see passages in the Bible against Homosexuality and latch onto them with rampant fervor, but passages about not judging your fellow man are up for debate. See, I'm not very religious, but I remember going to church and I remember that God said it's not my place to judge. Basically, God said, "Leave the judging to me." Right O', Lord!

Now, I've made two accusations...extortion and judgement...Here's how I know that judgement and extortion were used to get Macy's to change the display...

Response to homosexual display from religious person not supportive of homosexuality because it is sinful without extortion or judgement:

"To Whom It May Concern,

I was walking past your store front and saw your display with the homosexual motif. This concerned me. I frequently shop Macy's and love your products. As a concerned patron, I wanted to make sure you considered how the Lord, our God, would feel that you are judging homosexuals. As I love your products, I will continue to shop here, but I would not feel that I am doing my Christian duty if I do not make sure you are aware of the possible spiritual repercussions your decision to support homosexuality could have on your soul."

Response to homosexual display from religious person not supportive of homosexuality because it is sinful with extortion and judgement:

"To Whom It May Concern,

I was walking past your store front and was appaled when I saw your homosexual motif. How dare you expose innocents to such a sinful act. God has let us know well His feelings on homosexuality and your willingness to support these sinners with your store shows that you are in league with the Devil. Change your store front now! I will not shop in a store rife with sin as yours is. I will not shop in your store and your soul will not be saved until you remove that display."

Now, which letter would more likely get Macy's to change its display? That's extortion and judgement.

So I need a new chair...as long as it's not from Macy's. Yep, I can extort too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home