Monday, December 31, 2007

Customer Service Loop

Last post I shared with everyone my new, warm, cozy sleep socks. Now they are warm, cozy, smelly sleep socks! Woohoo! They are broken in!

Well, another one of my wonderful gifts from my eldest sister, I'll call her Hotel-Sis. That has nothing to do with her job or anything. Just a reference to her initials. Moving on...

Hotel-Sis got me a Flip Camcorder. Cool, huh? It really is! Easy to use, so far. The "so far" hopefully captured your attention. I plugged The Flip into my conputer to download my videos...mostly random stuff just playing around, but some stuff I intended to use, and...nothing. Huh. Well, something was supposed to happen. Hotel-Sis had warned me that apparently they made so many of these so quickly, being the "hot, new thing", that it wasn't uncommon for Flips to turn up with errors in their programming. Well, I went to the Flip website to see what it had to say, and tried a couple of things to no avail, and sent the problem in to Customer Service. Follow me into the dreaded CSL...Customer Service Loop.

Loop 1: Request for information about me and the unit. Understandable. Told to just send in the Flip, they'll reprogram and try and save my videos. Not happy, but fair enough.

Purgatory: 24 Hours later. No response. Send email asking if they got my information, etc.

Loop 2: Before proceding, they want to try one more troubleshooting step. Fair enough...but part of what they wanted me to do, I didn't understand how I was supposed to do it. So I asked for clarification.

Purgatory .5: Received email in response to my email asking if they have received the information and am asked to re-forward the information.

Return to Loop 1: I re-sent the information. No clarification for my previous question.

Loop 1.5: Given information about sending the camera in including sending the exact same information I've provided via email 3 times already.

It's enough to drive someone insane. Cartainly nauseous. So I'll send in my Flip hoping they'll save my videos, and I might be able to do some video stuff here. But keep your vomit bags handy...just in case.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Oh my GOD! The WORST was this past week, trying to track down Bruder's lost luggage. The website said that the bags had been found and were delivered to us - DAYS ago. I called the 800 number hoping to find someone I could tell that the bags were NOT here, and was on hold for - no lie - 43 minutes before I gave up (I know, I should have given up WAY before then - I'm tenacious!).

I sent emails, I made phone calls, I NEVER spoke to a human or received a reply. The gold card people at the airline knew nothing, and the bags were finally delivered two days after the website confirmed we had them.

What. Ever.


Here's hoping that your camcorder gets sorted out WAY sooner than Bruder's bags. Oh, and post some video, too!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger amyplus4 said...

Press 1 to hear what I really think about your blog.

Press 2 to hear what you want to hea from me bout your blog.

Press 3 to be connected with another blogger

Press 4 to give up!

just kidding!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger ...eatsbugs said...

Sleep socks. A wonderful thing. I was fortunate enough to come across some in my stocking this Christmas (a meta sock of sorts).

Hope they work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home