Sunday, August 05, 2007

No, My Adventures with Yogi Aren't Over

I actually need to catch you up on two weeks worth of adventure.

When we left off, Yogi had shown some minor improvement showing up before my patience threshold was hit, and even early one day. Granted he called in sick on Friday. Raise your hands if you've ever called in sick on Friday to start an early vacation. Exactly.

Monday - A phonecall right before I left saying he was still sick. This boy needs to live in a bubble.

Tuesday - He shows up at school before I even leave the house, but tells the principal that he can't come in today because he has to take his girlfriend to the hospital. I'll keep my thoroughly inappropriate, unprofessional comments to myself.

Wednesday - On the way to work, I get a call from mom. Seems, Yogi is stressed out. It seems that summer school and time spent with me is just too much for him. Plus, he wants to get a job. He's also decided he doesn't have time to complete the class for credit. He was wondering, all his idea of course, if I could just tutor him in a subject he needs tutoring in, and if we can pick back up after summer school is through for the summer.

Naturally, I say that I can't just make that decision on my own, but I'll communicate the request to my superiors, and I'd get back to her. I did call back and leave a message saying that weekend to say we could pick up on Monday with the tutoring, "I'll see him at our regular time."

Monday - No show. No call. Nothing.

Friday - Previous days had already been rescheduled for macation time. But again, no show, no call, nothing. I called mom to say that I was concerned because he hadn't shown up in the last couple of days, but he still has a few hours he can take advantage of before school starts back. "I'll be expecting him on Monday." Mom has yet to call me back.

The secretary, when I told her I'd see her Monday, responded, "You're going to give him another chance?"

I explained that until the parent or one of my bosses says not to worry about it, I'm going to go in just in case he shows up. If he comes in and I'm not there, oh, I would be so wrong for that. So it's Cover Your Asshole time.

One more week...let's see what happens.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Seriously. Someone needs to beat some sense into this kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home