Sunday, July 08, 2007

Randomness

Earlier this week, Delta-Boy, the 5 year old, came up to me and said, "I've been trying to get so mad that I move things with my mind."

Amused, I asked, "Where did you get that idea from?"

"My mind told it to me."

My son's mind is telling him to get into a furious rage so he can Carrie the place. I'd lock my door at night if I thought it would keep the Child of the Damned out of my room. Scary.


Today I was making my lunch when Mrs. Asshole came running into the kitchen, "Come see what Bravo-Boy has done!"

So I trundle down the hall and enter Delta and Bravo Boys' room. "Dada, Bravo-Boy put some poo in the pot! Isn't that wonderful!"

"Is that your poo?...in that pot? Good job, Bravo-Boy!"

I think after four years of potty training and one more baby to potty train, I now know from where the scat fetish comes. You get so used to being excited about poo that the context starts to become meaningless. Eww.


So, my Ass-of-All-Trades thing is continuing. The School owes a kid hours. Technically it was already offered but he never showed up. Now, since the make-up time was outside of standard school hours, no records were kept and The School was told that since we didn't record his absence from these make-up times, we have to offer it again. So starting Monday I'm going in a couple of hours a day. It's funny how all of these extra money making opportunities have arisen the year I didn't get a summer teaching job. It's not as much as I would make in summer school, but I'll take it.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

•Heh. "Carrie the place." That's pretty scary. All I could think of was the grasshopper in Bug's Life saying "ooooh, oooh! I'm askin' ya with my BRAIN!"

•I'm SO glad that potty training is behind me...

•So, is all this work a GOOD thing? I start teaching the summer semester over at TCC tomorrow, and I'm really conflicted about it. I'm happy about the money and the experience, but I'm a little sad that I agreed to work this summer. I know it's only two days, but still....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home