Tuesday, January 30, 2007

To Boldly Go...

Ah, split infinitives...I hope you'll pardon my split infinitive, but tomorrow, it seems, will start something new for me as a teacher at the Dramatic School for Drama Queens, Kings, and Teachers. Tomorrow I will boldly stick my toe into the swirling, tumultuous waters of the high school portion of my little school.

I started off with a toe in the high school by teaching 11th grade language arts, but I quickly became strictly middle school with nary a regret. But Principal Caesar, with dagger riddled office, has called upon me to assist the high school. They need another class of NovaNet and I've been asked to launch it. Tomorrow, it was quickly decided, would be the first day. This all happened rather quickly. It was asked of me on Friday. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, when I boldy go into the high school.

I'm sure my coworkers will be aflutter with conspiracy and complaint. It's already started. When I told the middle school team that there would be required a slight alteration to schedule, plaitive cries of, "But the middle school has its own problems!" I'm sure some of my high school coworkers will see this as Principal Caesar slipping me into the trenches to better spy on them.

See, some of my fellow teachers have complained about Principal Caesar, and apparently have been doing some scheming and conniving. I assume that because I know some have considered me a spy this year, and why fear a spy lest you have something you wish to remain unknown. It's not been a fun eayr and we've still half to go.

So, I've got my secret decoder ring and minicamera ready for tomorrow...to boldly go...into the lion's den.

I know, mixed analogy AND split infinitive...sad innit?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! A new post!!

I'm sorry that it's inspired by intrigue and danger, though. High school, in and of itself, isn't all that bad, you know. I'll agree that the drama can be a bit taxing, and the teachers (at least, in my experience) are some of the most difficult to work with, but the kids are generally great and some real learning can get done now and then.

I'm wishing you luck, and looking forward to top-secret briefings on your progress!

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. - I split infinitives ALL THE TIME. Really? It's the least of the grammatical sins, in my estimation...

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO? How's it working out?

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To deliberately split an infinitive is heinous.
:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home