Saturday, May 27, 2006

Memed in the Head

I AM BLESSED: with 4 wonderful children and a wife whom I love completely despite her constant memeing.
I WANT: to have more energy. If I slept less, I could do more.
I WISH: I made more money to support my family.
I HATE: hypocrisy and people who refuse to be accountable for their own actions/decisions.
I MISS: behave.
I FEAR: that I'm making mistakes as a father.
I HEAR: screaming.
I WONDER: if I had a million dollars, would it change me?
I REGRET: being lazy and self-centered...but I'm working on both.
I AM NOT: a teacher...I am an architect of the future. If only I was paid architect money...
I DANCE: awkwardly, shamelessly, and without humility.
I SING: off key, shamelessly, and without humility.
I CRY: about things which my brain says could happen, but which haven't, but could...and I don't want these things to happen.
I AM NOT ALWAYS: stupid...just usually.
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: the Spock "Live Long and Prosper" sign...and the Three Stooges Curly snapping routine.
I WRITE: this blog, that blog, and three web comics...plus I write comic strips and short stories...in my head, but I'm working on that.
I CONFUSE: people and students, who I apparently think aren't people...
I NEED: to clip my finger nails.
I SHOULD: stop procrastinating.
I START: off strong and enthusiastic.
I FINISH: off poorly and disinterested...but I'm working on that...focus. I'm adding that to what I need...I also need focus...

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Dixie Amazon said...

As a mother of 3 boys (12, 11 & 9), screaming is a constant part of my life.

Peace, live long and prosper BoDog.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Great post! Funny and thoughtful.

Money is not a big deal. Having people you love is a big deal.

There are folks in this world who would trade all of their money for a little screaming.

-Blue

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Yeah, I hate hypocrisy and people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions, too. I also hate people who don't realize that there are OTHER PEOPLE in the world, and that their actions (or inaction) affects more than just themselves.

I love the "architect of the future" sentiment. I'm totally down with that, but I'm confused about the "confusing people with students." If your students aren't people, what are they? (note the tone of confusion, NOT sarcasm, in that question).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home