Saturday, April 22, 2006

Straight From the Zebra's Mouth #1

Starting today, I'm introducing a new segment, which more precisely means what I predict will be the first regular segment to PTA..."Straight From the Zebra's Mouth"...A couple of points of clarification before we begin...

I was trying to think of a way to regularly refer to my children in the BLOG. So I decided to use the Military Alphabet Code based on the first letter of my children's names...So, my children henceforth will be referred to as:

Delta-Boy - The eldest at 4 years old
Zebra-Girl - The eldest girl at 3 years old
Sierra-Girl - The youngest girl at 2 years
Bravo-Boy - The youngest at 9 months

So, this new feature, "Straight From the Zebra's Mouth" is about what Zebra-Girl says, because she has a very...unique...way of expressing herself.

Set-Up: See, I don't like to leave my appearance the same for very long. Mostly, I just decide to shave my facial hair differently from time to time...A couple of weeks ago, I only had a moustache, but now I have a goatee to go with it...I'll go with anything from a clean shave to beard and moustache just to change things up. Well, this interest in changing my appearance has crept into my head hair...I've been keeping my hair shaved pretty close, but not bald, and one day I decided randomly to let my hair grow...for as long...as I can tolerate it...

Well, I'm not sure how long ago this was...I'm sure PTMamma (Pretty Terrific Mamma) could give you a reasonable estimate...Anyway, my hair's getting fairly long. I'm starting to cave on my hair-growing experiment...I feel it on the back of myneck and I can't help but mess with it and it's annoying me...But then I noticed yesterday...it's only the end of the day when my hair starts to annoy me, so if at the end of the day, when my hair starts to annoy me, if I get the hair off of my neck with a rubberband...maybe the experiment could continue.

So I asked my wife for a rubberband, she found me a hair band (or whatever you'd call it...but NOT a scrunchie), and I put what little hair there is in it and off of my neck...but apparently I did it wrong. PTMamma asked if she could redo it, so I said sure. She was putting the rubberband back in my hair and Zebra-Girl walked up and...

Straight From the Zebra's Mouth: "Dada's a mamma, now!"

Maybe the experiment IS over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home